Senior Linux Administrator (201409)
Please refer to job 201409 when submitting your résumé.
- Participate in the design and implementation of a nationwide carrier solution.
- Installs, configures, and maintains Linux operating systems.
- Analyzes and resolves problems associated with the operating system’s servers, hardware, applications, and software.
- Monitors systems performance and ensures compliance with security standards.
- Test different sets of hardware and software configuration to achieve maximum stability and hardware efficiency.
- Create and run load-test scenarios on the systems and the platform.
- Identify, document, and help implement monitoring points with the NOC team.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networked services.
- Help training and transfer knowledge to other engineers and operations staff.
- Strong fundamental and deep technical knowledge of Linux OSs.
- Experience managing MySQL databases and big data technologies like Mongo.
- Experience with scripting (PHP, shell).
- Extensive experience with HP, Dell, and Super Micro servers.
- Experience working in a “high-availability” environment.
- Strong technical background: TCP/IP, HTTP, NLB, CDN, memcached, Linux, Apache, HAProxy, nginx, Java (Spring), Node.js, PHP, ORM, Message queuing, RDBMS (MySQL, SQL Server), noSQL (MongoDB, Hadoop, Redis).
- Experience with SAN solutions (FC/iSCSI) is a plus.
- Experience with OpenStack, CloudStack, VMWare, Eucalyptus a huge plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects.
- Willing to travel 15% of the time.